Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Taking Stock.

I'm currently in the rare position where all the stuff I own is in the same place. I also feel there's too much of it. That also goes for my stash, although I realize it is tiny compared to a lot of people. Still, it was time to take stock. As of yesterday, I own 7.3 kg of yarn and fibre. It's not as much as I'd feared, but it's still a lot. This lot:

Click on image for bigger view.

On the left: Fibre, reclaimed yarn and a bit of Tshirt yarn.
In the middle: Sock yarn on top and inherited acrylic in the bottom. I've already knit up a lot of the acrylic, especially really small amounts, for some charity-ish baby clothing.
On the right: Assorted other yarn on top and cotton bits in the bottom. The huge white cone is crochet thread I'd like to make shawls of and dye them. The orange cone is the still very much unfinished Dragon of Happiness. That one alone is more than a kilo...

I can't remember the site, but I recently read another blog with a neat system of stash reduction: 2:1 - for every 200 grams used up you're allowed to buy 100 gram. I think I'll stick to that, roughly. Except for next week, when I reaaaaally want to visit the Wollmeise summer sale. I'm not a fan (yet), I'm just curious. I already have a couple of pattern ideas if I end up buying a skein or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment