Friday, April 8, 2011

More spinning.

I’ve finished my second handspun yarn a while back. I can’t remember where I bought the roving, it was a stand at the Ravelry meeting and if I had to guess, I’d say it’s probably 100% Merino. I am in no way an expert though, so the only thing I can say for sure is that it was very soft and the colors are fun. You learn something new with every project, this time it’s that with multicoloured fibers are probably best spun thickly if the individual colours are very different. It’d probably keep them a bit more separate and retain more of the effect that the roving has. Anyway:

It’s not nearly as pretty as the dyed roving was. =(

Confession: I didn’t bother washing or setting the yarn after plying. I probably should, but meh. It didn’t seem to make much difference the first time and it looks quite alright like this. Not sure yet what to do with it, but King of Confidence seems like a good project for beginner’s handspun. I’ll just have to try to spin more at about the same weight. I have no idea how to do that, here’s a comparison between my first two yarns:

It’s getting thinner at least, if not any more even.

No comments:

Post a Comment